Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011 - Note from Elder Bezas

This is the sweet note that Elder Bezas left on his bed the morning we left VERY early to drive to Utah. We took him to the MTC, after having lunch with his paternal aunt's family and his grandmother. The long drive back felt lonely without him. And so that night, when we finally got in, and his little brother and I went into their bedroom, this note was waiting for us on Paul's bed. It was exactly what I, his mother, needed to read:

Dear Family,

By the time you read this, I will [be] at the MTC, probably getting ready for bed.

I want you to remember that this is what the Lord wants--He will provide. This is His work.

I love you all.

Dad - for your sense of humor and your wisdom.

Mom - for your nurturing, caring nature, and for helping remind me to stay on the spiritual path, along with Dad.

Sis - your spunky, upbeat nature, and for always being there to talk with.

Little bro - Don't miss me too much. I'll be back before you know what hit you. So don't feel melancholy like MegaMind. :) I'll be back before you get ordained a deacon. :0)

I love you all and you will be in my prayers. I'll be back in a blink.

Your son and brother,

Paul

His little brother and I cried reading the note. It was exactly what I needed. Although, I must admit that my young son and I tried "blinking" to see if Paul would reappear. 

It didn't work.

:0)