Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12, 2011 - Email from Elder Bezas

Elder Bezas had an eye appointment on April 11, 2011, to follow up on an old situation with his eyes. To our surprise, his eyes were hemorrhaging, which started a whole chain of events...especially the possibility of him being reassigned stateside. He handled it all pretty, or at least so it seemed from his letter home. Even the painful surgery the doctor had to do on his eyes. We wish we could have been there!

Hi, y'all! Anywho, answers to questions. Starsi = Stars(there should be a little 'v' on top of the s, but this keyboard won't do that)i - pronounced Star(rolled r)-sh-ee. There you have it!

I've gotten a DearElder from you pretty much everyday besides maybe 2-3 days since I've been here. You all are awesome. So great to be willing to take the time to that.

I loved the General Conference package! Thank you! and also the most recent package! Thanks. :)

So little bro, how are you like the whole room to yourself, eh? Pretty roomy? :)

OK, so cool thing - KSL, a tv channel here, did a half hour special on the MTC, which was shown on TV between sessions of conference. We were able to watchit Sunday night after conference. For a brief moment in the video, the viewer sees the Slovak classroom! How chill is that. I'm totally still not famous! :) Ha. But my visage was on tv fro a brief moment, along with my companion and our teacher.

Random note: The bathroom stalls here are produced by a company called "Hiny Hiders." I love it. :)

Mom, could you possibly find the lyrics for "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan and send those to me via DE.com. Elder Stockdale and I sing that during our service activity each week, along with other wonderful melodies. Thank you! :) We were forgetting some of the lyrics.

Yes, I would love, love, love if you could send me the sewing instructions. I'll need to do that soon. OK, so with Elder Genther and Baker, they're good friends, just so you know how we relate. Oh, and Elder Olsen is actually going to Hungary, not Lithuania. But it's all good. He still liked getting your letter, Dad.

So it was amazing to hear your voice, Dad. I don't know if you could tell [when they let me call home], but I had a hard time not tearing up as I was saying good-bye. I wish I could have talked to all of you, but there's mother's day! :) Coming up soon!

So when I was in the doctor's office in salt lake, it was cool b/c there weren't enough chairs and a few more ppl came to sit down, so I offered to just stand so they could sit. It ended up that someone else left, so there was actually enough chairs for everyone, but it felt so good to put others' wants first.

I am trying to stay positive. Whatever the Lord wants [regarding my mission and life], will happen. by small and simple means are great things brought to pass.

When I got back to class, we taught our teacher in Slovak again. It's getting easier. Although I wasn't sure, as I'm still not, as to what's going down with my [mission] call and where I'm going, I just put that aside and tried to focus on the lesson as though the teacher Brother Van De Graff was truly Juraj, the investigator. We helped him get through some issues, fearing how his family would respond to him getting baptized, since they are all Catholic. I used D&C 3:7-8 and we both feel that was our best lesson yet, in English or Slovak.

The Lord will help us as we forget ourselves and help others. It's amazing. :)

Time is running out. I'm going to get a blessing from my district. I love these guys. Ahem, elders. They are great. No one's perfect. But they're trying for the most part. And I didn't go to SLC w/ my comp. It was an elderly volunteer brother who drove me. Great guy.

I love you all. Thanks for your support. It's hard wondering whether if I was more faithful in thinking I could get the language, that maybe my eyes wouldn't have acted up as much. Trying to see how much of it was my part, and how this all fits with my patriarchal blessing, if I do get reassigned. But it all works for our good.

I love you guys. So the doctor supposedly called the MTC docs today. Hypothetically the Quorum will pray about whether to reassign me around Thursday this week. I'll keep trooping on.

I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord.

D&C 6:36