Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011 - Email from Elder Bezas

Well, it's a bright day today!

So this week I went on an exchange with our new Zone Leader - Elder Grayson. Super chill Elder. He is an excellent teacher. And a really good motivator. He's great at critiquing in a positive manner, in a way that leads to growth. But he can also relax and just be real. 

I am definitely glad that I am able to have another transfer with Elder Daley! He is just the best. I admire him in a lot of ways. We've had several days where we have walked in order to save miles. I'm growing to love those days - one gets to know their companion better during those talks while walking. A deeper level of trust comes after more time. It's just a good companionship. I'm not gonna lie. Several people have commented on how they like both of us together. We just mesh well. Sure, our personalities differ, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Some good times for sure.

So I sent a letter in the mail a few days ago so that should be arriving at the house soon...

Ah... So school is now out. Trek is over... Oh boy. So what does the fam have planned for the rest of the summer? Any super chill excursions?

So we went and visited one of our investigators this week. I really do love him. He thinks the Book of Mormon is true, although he hasn't prayed about it. We committed him to do so in our last meeting. 

I see the difference the gospel makes in peoples' lives. I know that Christ is our Savior - Ja viem ze Kristus je nas Spasit'el - I still got a little Slovak in me. ;)   

I'm going to start studying Slovak each day a little bit so that I don't lose it. Even though I'm not using it now, it might become useful in some future date. Although I don't ever see myself being truly fluent, not having spent the time over there. Speaking it constantly. But that's alright. God is in the driver's seat. There's a reason for it all. I am content to serve the people here. The world is just one giant mission, with lots of smaller zones within it. Every soul is precious in the sight of God.

Well, here's to another week... hopefully without any bird poop finding a home on my noggin'.

Keep Beaming Bright!

Elder Bezas