Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011 - Email from Elder Bezas


Howdy howdy!

The work is just going super super great! I'm not gonna lie. I love it here! I love these people. So one family we totally love here got back from Disneyworld and we have given the mom a blessing when she was feeling sick. And before they left for Disneyworld - all that were going got blessings. So awesome to serve in that way. So she left her Book of Mormon over at her mom's house and yesterday she texted us and told us that the Grandma had asked if she could get a copy for herself. 

We've been teaching another man and helping him as he develops his faith. He asked for a blessing yesterday. That was so powerful. One of their two dogs died this week, and so last pday after going to Medford area and playing mini golf we went to his house and dug a grave for his dog. Wow. It felt so powerful serving like that. We had it probably about four feet deep. It just felt so good helping them I love them. And last night. Oh man - he cooked us filet mignon, shrimp alfredo (since he knows that's my favorite), NY strip steak, lemon garlic chicken. Dang. And he made virgin pina coladas. I love those! Oh and shrimp cocktail. Such great people.
 
We've had two missionaries come back recently. One is President Sikahema's son, who spoke yesterday in church. Great talk! He came back from London, England. It's kinda weird seeing return missionaries. Now I'm to the point where I don't want to go home. If you know what I mean, I still have some work to do here. :) I really miss all of y'all. But I'm where I need to be. We can all share the good news of the gospel wherever we're at.

So I have never had someone mistake my name as Beezley. Through all the years of growing up and work and school. Never. But here in Jersey for some reason, they just can't get my name. Other missionaries, investigators, members. It's quite perplexing. :)

Alright- sweet quote from Elder Grayson- "Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Gold. I love it.
 
Alright - I love you all. I think you'll like the envelope I'll mail this week.

S laskou,

Elder Bezas