Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011 - Email from Elder Bezas

Howdy howdy!

Well, another week has passed! I remember Elder Daley in those first couple weeks we were together talking about how the time in the first transfer or two is a bit slower but then time just starts to fly! Dang. He was right. But even from the get go it was intense how fast time has flown! It still feels like yesterday I walked up to our current apartment with my bags in tow, never thinking I would find myself in New Jersey. Now that's funny. :) But I love it here!

Well, sad sad news. Elder Daley has left the Moorestown area! So I have my second companion here in the field now. Elder Anderson! He's now the Medford District Leader! I'm stoked. Although I was extremely bummed to part ways with Elder Daley. He is the man. I consider myself extremely lucky to have him as my trainer/"father". He is now in the Philadelphia zone.

I love when the members are willing to help us in this work. We are so blessed to have investigators here. When so many places in the world are met by coldness and no current interest. We still need to be diligent in trying to find those who are ready for the gospel, but how much better is it when we do have those who are willing to receive it now. Sure, we're still met by those who want nothing to do with us. But they're still children of God. We should still treat them with kindness. And the ones we are truly here in the field for are those who are the "prepareds," who are ready to receive the gospel, that the Lord has personally prepared for us to teach.

Well, I am nervous in not being with my trainer any more... But I know that the Lord is with us. This is His work. It cannot fail. It will move forward. So why not be a part of it??

I don't know how the future will pan out exactly. I just know that it will. All things work together for our good.

Also, we had interviews with President Schaefermeyer this transfer. Because we missed our scheduled ones because we got lost in Cherry Hill last week with my doctor's appointment, we rescheduled for Saturday evening. Oh, I love President. And Sister Schaefermeyer. They are just the best. And random fact, I was the last of the 180 (approx) missionaries in the PPM to be interviewed by President... since we got lost. Ahem. Oops. He's a very insightful man. It's amazing how you can just feel someone's love that they have for you by just being with them.

Also something I'm learning is to just be real... When I first came into the field I had this false notion that I HAD to be PERFECT. Yeah. Realistic, right? I just was like, Wow, I'm a missionary. I'm representing Christ. Dang. I can't mess up or I'm messing up the work! But I wasn't quite being myself. But I guess the first couple weeks were REALLY hard. Strike that. The hardest of my life, with missing home and all. But I'm now getting the hang of it. In just being real from the beginning with people and just being myself. Life is truly a learning experience. That's my motto... That and "It's all good."

You all are the best! Thanks for your support! I adore you guys, the Bezas Bunch!

Alright, well, I love you all very much and I will write again at our regularly scheduled time next week!
--
"Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism." -Alma 7:15