Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011 - Email from Elder Bezas


So this week has just been awesome!

My companion and I are getting along really well, and I feel that we teach pretty well together. We're definitely growing together.

So there's this cheese steak place in Edgewater Park, called Joe's, that is a bit of a missionary tradition in this area. The missionary who stays takes the new missionary and treats them to Joe's. it's pretty good. Although kinda pricey. Oh, well. It's tradition.

So I'm learning how important it is to trust in the Lord's timing. And to just work hard. In previous weeks, we've basically had maybe one new investigator each time. And I was getting frustrated thinking, "Why aren't we finding more success in that area of the work?" 

And then we took out one of the recent RMs in the ward, and he mentioned from his experience in England how the amount of people you find to teach is directly correlated to the amount of time dedicated to FINDING. It really hit me. 

So we spent more time finding and tracting. And we had three new investigators this week. That's defined as someone we teach a lesson on a principle of the lessons or a full lesson and schedule a return appointment. Two of them invited us into their homes and we taught a lesson then. It was really cool. This is the Lord's work. He is in charge. He really does care about us. We all have our agency and get to choose what path we want in this life.

Alright, well, time is short. I love you. I really do miss y'all a bunch, but this is what I really need to be doing right now. :) I'm glad y'all understand.

your son and brother,

Paul

--
"Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism." -Alma 7:15